Unless the Schools are closed, we will be meeting as usual on March 7, 2013 7:30 PM at Kettering Middle School. More information on our home page. Meetings are open to non-members, though membership is encouraged.
At our last meeting, we discussed:
- the state bill for a county plastic bag tax with modifications
- the Board of Education repeated changes to support the state bill to study the modification of the Board, creating policy on copyright, and more structure for security office.
- Maryland Legislative Calendar – bills specific to the county can be seen here
- the progress of the Prince George’s County Civic Federation Foundation
- WSSC work on sewers throughout the county – more information here and new water towers in south county – more information here
- mentoring and tutoring and how insurance makes it expensive so we’d like to know what other organizations are doing